It‘s one of the best kept secrets: the art of colorgrading.
It takes years to become a good artist. It‘s a combination of trained eyes, managing the colorgrading-system and of course, the knowledge of primary and secondary color correction.
In two days we can’t make you a colorist, but we can teach you some precious knowledge and give you a starting point.
This class combines three important steps to your personal success.
– Matthias Mazze Aderhold will teach you the workflow and technical basics
– You will get in touch with the gradingsystem SCRATCH
– you’ll learn the principles of colorgrading
System: Assimilate SCRATCH
People: DIT’s, DOP’s, Editors and everyone interested in color grading.
– digital camerasystems
– nonlinear editingsystems
On-Set and dailies workflow with Scratch
– the DIT
– Filemanagement on-Set
– Handle Red and Alexa Metadata
– What is Lin and what is LOG?
– First Steps with Assimilate SCRATCH
– The UI of Scratch and the different tools
– Hands on tablet and grading panels
– Lookup tables
– Colorspace and gamma
– How to read a Waveform monitor
– workflows for 5D Mark II, DnxHD and DPX
– steps of conforming
– primary grade and how to create a look
– secondary color correction (Masks, Alphas, Keys)
– Animation and layering
– skin softening
– create depth
– Dust and scratches removal
Duration: 2 days